Stephen G. Melcer
For over three decades, Mr. Melcer has assisted clients make the most of their financial and real estate assets through tax planning, estate planning, and real estate law services. He helps clients protect their assets when they encounter problems with local, state and federal taxing agencies.
Mr. Melcer has long been an active member of the community. In 1981, he became one of the first directors of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County. In 1984, Mr. Melcer was awarded the James & Marjorie Baer Young Leadership Award. He was vice president of the Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center and a director of the Jewish Community Foundation. He served as chairman of the Jewish Community Relations Committee from 2000 through 2003. In 2001, he was elected to the board of directors of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, a national-level umbrella organization of the Jewish community that deals with issues of public policy.
Mr. Melcer attended Duke University and graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1974. He attended Boston College Law School and began practicing law in Palm Beach County in 1977.
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Florida, 1978
- U.S. Federal Court, 1978
- Boston College Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1977
- Duke University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 1974
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County
- Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center (past vice president)
- Jewish Community Foundation
- Jewish Council for Public Affairs (former board of directors member)
- The Florida Bar
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section